Hello, My Dottlings!
By this point, most of us have completely abandoned our New Years’ Resolution. I have dropped a few, but there is one that I really need to do and I haven’t. I am presently staring at a pile of paperwork that I promised myself and told my fans I would have done…
I have been riding a wave of project inspiration that has left my room full of things to make to sell at events that I have not signed up for yet.
Sidetrack: If there is an event you would like to see Dottie the Psychic at, leave it in the comments below. I’m not sure I’m going to set up, but I would love to vlog for you guys. Right now I’m only signed up for two events.
There are so many things on my plate that I’m writing this LATE… again. I’m also doing this right now because I told myself I would work on my taxes today and they are scary. I would really rather take a nap. It’s defiantly affecting my journal exercises.
So What am I going to do about it:
- 1st- I’m going to go get some coffee and remind myself that I am bigger than the problems I face. Most of us have had to do taxes before. We can call this step taking a breath and a break.
- 2nd- Start some music. Clean some space off this deck that 100% reflects the inside of my brain. I also put a sticky note with my next task on my computer where I can see it but don’t have to stare at it. We can call this step “setting the stage.” This can become a distraction. That’s why the sticky note.
- 3rd- Open the program. Panic. Close the program. Look at the sticky note. Remind myself that if I don’t get this done then this feeling is going to get even worse until I do it. We can all this step existential crises. You can skip this step if you like.
- 4th- Open the program and start. It doesn’t matter how you start. Just pick a weak point and hit it. Take one bite at a time.
- 5th- Take a break. Take a walk. Drink some water
- 6th- Get back to it.
- Repeat 5th and 6th till done.
Here is a video with some better ideas. Wish me luck.
Safe Travel and Much Profit to You!